Thursday, January 14, 2016

Betrayal

Oh, Fall
You came
You left
Without my usual adoration
Of brilliant color
My I-can't-hold-it-in
Affection upon sensing
The first sign of your appearing
My usual appreciation
For space created
When one by one
Leaves
In their time
Detach and fall
Barren and blank
You leave the trees
Room for new things to happen
I always say
How I love new things to happen

For your arrival
I ached
Like a lover
Awaiting the homecoming
Of her overseas sailor
Be gone, Summer
I growled
I cannot endure you
One more minute
But seasons
I can neither rush
Nor cause to linger
No matter my desire

Oh, Fall
You came
But took with you
One I love
With the first breeze
She fell away
And none can catch her
Or reattach her to life's branch
Bringing her back
To me
My dreams have tried
To make it seem like
She's here
But I open my eyes
To Winter
Empty Winter

Oh, Fall
How dare you?

Diane Mann 2015






2 comments:

Tammi said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you.

Diane said...

Thank you friend.