Saturday, June 7, 2008

Your Legacy

A Song For My Father

This is what you taught me
This is what I know
Cling tightly to what always lasts
Hold loosely to what won't
Things don't really matter much
At least not things you see
Love is what you taught me
It's what I'll carry with me


This is what you showed me
What I know to be true
God has a plan, a perfect plan
Laid out for me and you
All things work together
When we don't know how they could
This is what you taught me
To know that God is good


This is where you brought me
To places God has made
Outdoors in the loveliness
Of all He did create
Pointing out the majesty
Savoring the sights
This is where you brought me
To teach me of God's might


This has been your legacy
A gift that I received
Handed down by how you lived
And all that you believed
This is what I'll pass on
To those God's given me
I'll share with them your gift of love
Your life, your legacy


And I thank you for your gift of love
Your life, your legacy


Diane Mann 1998

No comments: